Time & Place
Sunday, January 31, 2016, 1:30-3:30
Cary Memorial Library, Lexington, MA
Program: Tunisian Mitres
Karen will be demonstrating how to make Tunisian mitres.
Try to review the Tunisian simple stitch (tss) aka Afghan stitch via your favorite print source of basic crochet or online videos. Google Tunisian crochet videos or try one of these:
- Kim Guzman’s video; Tunisian Crochet: Simple Stitch (aka Afghan Stitch)
- Mikey, of the Crochet Crowd, has a whole video series about Tunisian crochet. Lessons 1 and Lesson 2 should be sufficient.
- Stitch Diva Studios Tunisian Tutorials: The base row and Tunisian Simple Stitch (Tss)
Or review via your favorite print source of basic crochet.
- some smooth worsted weight yarn in a lighter color
- J or K hook. You will not need a Tunisian hook (unless you want to use one) because there will be a maximum of 15 loops on the hook at one time, just bring a hook with a fairly round cross-section, i.e. no large grip or big thumb indent. Bamboo hooks work well, as do the inexpensive plastic ones. Clover gold hooks and many comfort grip hooks have too short a throat.
Bring your charity items to pass.
All are welcome. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend. Please do not call the library.